As budgets get tighter and bottom lines get thinner, facility managers are always looking to cut costs anywhere they can. One of the best ways to save money and time is to upgrade the Building Automation Systems (BAS) of your facility. This may seem costly and counterintuitive, but the modest investment of upgrading with Sodexo | Roth will pay huge dividends.
According to industry averages, BAS will save building operators from $0.20 to $0.40 per square foot in utility costs per year. To put that in perspective, BAS would save a 75,000 square foot building anywhere from $15,000 to $30,000 per year.
Sodexo | Roth designs, installs, and maintains intelligent buildings across the nation. Partnering with Schneider Electric, we deliver easily-interfaced automation systems to control, monitor, and sense nearly every aspect of a building’s operation. Through a customized approach, Sodexo | Roth can customize systems to control temperature, humidity, ventilation, indoor air quality, energy consumption, equipment operation, lighting, life safety systems, security systems, and systems integration.
But how exactly does upgrading your BAS pay off? Here are five ways that upgrading your BAS with Sodexo | Roth will save you more than just money:
1. Reduce Waste: Studies show that 50% of energy used in buildings is wasted because of inefficient building management systems. Our BAS will reduce energy consumption and waste. For example, our BAS can set timers to lower the HVAC temperature set point after hours, or turn off or dim the lights where they are not needed. Going a step further, through occupancy sensors, our technology can even turn on equipment in occupied rooms only, leaving unoccupied rooms with their equipment off, saving on energy costs. These are just two of the many ways our BAS can be customized to reduce waste.
2. Smarter: Not only can our BAS reduce waste, it can tell you exactly where your waste is occurring. Our BAS analyzes and monitors data from the control center and stores it in the cloud. The more data it collects, the better our software is able to understand more fully how and where you are wasting money. Our software can then tell you where the deficiencies lie and where you can save money, whether they be in utilities (energy and water) or manpower (operations and maintenance).
3. Simple Interface: Our software has never been easier to use. Operation and navigation of our BAS is simple, with virtually no training required before use, saving on potential training costs. With complete control of the entire facility in one place, a manager is able to efficiently and effectively supervise the entire facility. In addition, with new HTML5 software, facility managers are no longer chained to their desk. The BAS control center can now be accessed on a phone or tablet anywhere throughout the facility, saving time and money.
4. More efficient: BAS will help ensure your equipment stays running in peak condition. Our BAS can sense if a piece of equipment is not functioning properly and alert the facility manager. The facility manager can then quickly diagnose and solve the problem before the equipment does any serious damage. This saves on major breakdown maintenance costs. And with less equipment downtime, the facility is able to run more effectively and efficiently. Additionally, our BAS can help limit unnecessary service calls. Using predictive technology and remote monitoring, we are able to troubleshoot issues remotely. In turn, the number of physical service calls is greatly reduced, saving both time and money.
5. Safer: Our BAS are crucial in alerting facility managers when something is going wrong. Our Schneider system has a single user interface for managing all alarms, along with metrics to show how well your workers respond and resolve those alarms. This means less work injuries, saving on injury costs. The increase in our software cybersecurity also ensures top protection from outside intruders.
Let us help you run your facility more effectively and efficiently. For more information on just how upgrading your BAS with Sodexo | Roth can benefit your entire facility, or to set up an appointment, call us at 1-833-860-3276..